Monday, January 20, 2014

BOOM! Bookbagged that ****!!!

Greetings dear readers,

It was exactly 7:00am one morning when my speedy mouse-clicking skills actually came into use for a purpose other than achieving the coolest headshots ever seen. I gained a place in the esteemed 12-man team of the Writing 101 course 'Decoding Disney'. I was excited as all hell: not just because a couple of my friends missed out on the class and ended up in  'The ecology of migratory species' (this is actually a class...), but because I knew this was going to be a fully sick semester. The big question is 'Why?'

Apart from obviously being more interesting than the other (compulsory) subjects, Decoding Disney (DD because I'm lazy) engaged with matter pertinent to the world we live in. For example, did you know that Disney has $75 billion worth of assets, including media networks, theme parks, publishers, etc.??? I certainly had no idea, yet we come into contact with each of these entities on a daily basis.

Do we come into contact with the history of the Amazon's decolonisation on a daily basis??? I think not. Could the ecology of migratory species brainwash most of the world's population in the event of the discovery of a mind-control machine??? Maybe... NOT! This stuff is real, it's all around us and it has shaped our lives ever since those weird mickey ears were first forced upon our heads by our unaware parents...

More soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment